Thursday, December 08, 2005

Last night at the Istana (Sammyboy)

by scrobal
27 Nov 2005

86692.1

Behind the Guardhouse. Time 11.30pm. Cool breeze blowing easterly

Nathan: Boss, can't sleep again?
Old Man: Ya lah. I am so tired yet I can't sleep.

Nathan: Boss, the fellas got Teh Tarik, you want some?
Old Man: Might as well.

Old Man: Hei, not bad, Adam Road one right.
Nathan : Ya Lah, Lucky when they were building the flyover, you intervened, if not the numbskulls would have removed the stalls all together.
Old Man: What to do, everything must step in if not they will screw up
Nathan: Why don't you cut the rope and let them swim. They will learn from their mistakes

Old Man: Bro, we are both past 80, time to relac, eat lontong and talk cock. No, we are still looking after the country. We have to.
Nathan: Boss, you are the one that asked me to stay. I did not want the job.
Old Man: Bro, no one wants the job. You know Ah Goh and me, asked so many people, all turned us down. The only person we did not ask is TT Durai. Why do you think we raised the salary just before the term ended. It was not for you, we were hoping that someone will be attracted by the increased pay.

Nathan: What about the fella from JTC.
Old Man: Actually, we were very happy. He look like ultra keen, desperate to do grassroot work. In fact he fitted the profile. Unfortunately after the Hyflux affair, I thought better not - he might resign shortly after being appointed. This guy job hops worst than a fucking rabbit. I already got screwed by Devan and TC, cannot afford another embarrassment.

Nathan: Like that how, we both stuck here until we die.
Old Man: Ya Lah. Hei, at least you not so bad, your are learning Mandarin, you must look forward to it.
Nathan: are you mad, I nearly died learning Japanese to survive and now Mandarin
Old Man: Why did you take it up
Nathan: You wanted me to run for President, an elected office and you expect me to go to the electrorate with the nothing. In case, you did not notice, other than Mandarin there is nothing else I offered. Even if a deaf and dumb fella run for the post, he will probably get it.

Old Man: Anyway, you watch, I will change it back to an appointed office. You know what, since we are stuck here, let get some food. I know Devan kept his wigs in the guard house. Lets use them and go out.
Nathan: Where you want to go?
Old Man: Lets head to Dawoods for roti prata and bit of soup kambing.
Nathan: Aiyah, Adam Road is nearer.
Old Man: No lah, Ah Goh and Jaya frequent the place. Its the second team's favourite hangout. I Know the fellas from East Coast think that they are so hip but what.
Nathan: I stay in East Coast.
Old Man: If you are hip, I am into grunge.

Nathan: Anyway, which driver you want to use.
Old Man: Take cab, bro. Anywhere most of the cabbies are now ex-corporate and Uni grads and you know how cabbies are , they know everything.
Nathan: No need to tell me, when I ran SID, I spent more time on cabs getting info than from my own staff.

Nathan: you got money or not? I am wearing sarong, no place to keep wallet.
Old Man: I got credit card. After the SIA incident, I thought better pay my way, if not they will crucify me.

Nathan: your card from DBS?
Old man: Don't be stupid lah, mine is from Citibank. DBS service is fucked up. 25 years we protected them, don't know what they did all this while. Gave them POSB, still no improvement. Only thing I haven't given them is my blood. Everytime I see the UOB's Wee, he gives me the sniggering look, hinting that I have no clue about banking. Even this year, he outperformed DBS. Some more, he got no scholars at all. How come.

Nathan: don't mind me saying so, but all the GLCs are fucked up.
Old Man: No need to tell me, that day, I screwed them about the Changi Airport consortium. Really no balls.

Nathan: why don't you ask Philip to run DBS.
Old Man: that guy is only good for removing red tape from bureaucracy. Once the red tape is removed he seriously don't know what to do next. Remember we gave him Sembawang to run and he went and bought Delifrance. Neville Watson must have cringed. I still trying to find out how he connected shipyard to croissants.

Nathan: better make call booking for cab, if not they will not pick us usup. Blood hell, I am so hungry. I can smell the soup kambing from here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?